Onions, a vegetable that emits a stingy smell that can bawl our eyes out, has plenty of benefits for our health and well being. Aside from using it as a dish spice, did you know that you can also use onions in other purposes as well? Such purpose is putting it on your foot before slumber. As weird as it sounds, here are a few of its benefits you should know.
- Helps Relieve Cold
- If ever you happen to catch a cold, putting an onion on your foot before bedtime helps alleviate the common cold. This is because onions are rich in antioxidants and other medical properties, making you feel better in a jiffy.
- Aside from that, onions also help absorb unpleasant smells in the air. Putting it in your sock and wearing it before bedtime helps absorb foot odor, so you wake up in the morning with a fresh pair of feet. Additionally, it also wards off bacteria to keep any kinds of illness begone. Remember, always use organically-grown onions instead of chemically processed ones.
- It Helps Ward Off Bacteria
- Your foot contains around 7,000 nerves that connect to your entire body. And having an onion in your sock while you sleep helps flush off toxins and different kinds of bacteria out of it.
- Our foot has thin skin; that’s why it is prone to myriads of germs and bacteria. But with the help of onions, good bacteria can easily enter in and be absorbed in your blood that helps fight off the bad ones. It’s a great alternative to cleanse your blood while you get your much-needed slumber.
- Getting the Best Out of It
- Whenever you try to do this onion trick, make sure to use fresh and organically-grown onions. Avoid using ones that are bombarded with chemicals as it may bring more harm than good to your body.
This simple onion hack has been clinically approved by various Doctor’s in the U.S. In fact, using onions as a medicine dated back in the early centuries in China and found its way to today’s time. To do this onion trick, simply cut an onion in half and place it inside your sock while making sure that it rests against your heel before you travel your way to dreamland.